Monday, September 1, 2008

Returning To The Empty Sky

It is now over a year since I kited this blog out. A year of exaggerated mental health ups and downs, no computer, too many crises, some good news, and one glorious event: the US tour of His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa. The good news referred to is that I have finally been able to obtain Social Security Disability, Medicare, and Medicaid because of my bipolar disorder. It took three years and parts of it may take four, but I now have control of my time and a new computer and I'm going to try to write again. I have been doing finger exercises here and there, such as on my old friend the Anchoress' blog, and I have set myself the goal of five new articles before I drop anyone a line to say I'm back in business.

I hope to stay largely out of politics, which is why I have not revived my old blog. There is really not much more to say than that I support Barack Obama. For he has said it all himself in his acceptance speech. I was of the + or- 40,000 who saw it live. My hope is for a President Obama, 60 Democrats in the Senate, and enough time to fix the damage the last eight years have done. I have little new to say about the last eight years that I didn't say on the old blog. Reading it over again, I see little I would change or add.

If you stumble upon my articles before I advertise this blog more widely, my best welcome to you. Check back in a couple of days. I hope to sustain at least two posts a week, and maybe repost some of the better non-political writing. Until then, bonne chance.

No comments: